Sat, Mar 19|
Blanc Studio One
Modern Moments- A Photography Workshop for Mothers
Take frame worthy photos of your child on your own! Join me in this two and a half hour workshop as I teach you how to capture instagram worthy images of your child while capturing their true personality!
Time & Location
Mar 19, 2022, 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
Blanc Studio One, 1101 Scott Ave, Suite 34, Wichita Falls, TX
About the Event
This year, give mom (or yourself) the gift that keeps on giving. Bring your phone or camera and I will teach you simple strategies I use to make radiant portraits. In this 2.5 hour workshop, you will learn:
Understanding your camera
-In this segment we will explore, your phone or camera and get familiar with what each button means.
Determining your camera settings
-The subject covers: learning how to adjust your ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. If you are using a phone, most smart phones have these settings as well! We will learn how to adjust camera settings as well as phone settings depending on the environment.
Lighting tips for better photos
-Lighting makes a big impact. I will share easy lighting tips that will change the way your photos look, instantly. Learn how to follow the light, no matter where you are.
We will also cover...
Making intentional decisions to get BEAUTIFUL photos without editing!
-50% of the work in taking a beautiful photo is finding a place that not only has decent lighting, but that is ideal to make your child (the subject) stand out. Placing them against a cluttered bookshelf, a thicket of bushes or right against an orange slide will not give you good results. I will teach you how to look for beautiful backgrouds, or how to minipulate your current scenery for beautiful photos.
You’ll receive a cheat sheet of important tips to refer back to and continue to practice after the workshop!
Learning the basics of editing to give your photos that "WOW" factor!
-During this segment, we will discuss the importance of editing and what different editing terms mean. Not all images are beautiful straight out of camera, but we will learn how to adjust photos on your tablet or phone for simple* editing.
often SOLD OUT within a day! Get on the list if you’d like to be notified of future dates!
- Do I have to be a mom? Not at all… this is a fun treat for moms, however, this workshop will benefit anyone who’s looking to learn how to use their phone or camera, to take better photos with better light.
- I know you usually pose and use lighting, so do I also have to use lighting? No. I’m teaching you the basics of photography, which applies to all cameras. I will be bringing my digital camera so that I can instantly demonstrate, so bring yours too!
- Why do kids join us later in the day? This is a treat for mom, so I want mom to concentrate on learning in the classroom. I also want kids to be fresh and ready for us to photograph them, so by having them join us after you have a grasp on your phone or camera, we’ll be able to maximize your experience.
- Can fathers join too? Fathers are encouraged to bring the kids by for the hands on practice part and stay to help you get some family photos.
- What if I dont know much about photography? I have taught photography for over 5 years, prior knowledge is not required. If you want to prepare though, it would be helpful to know how to change your ISO, aperture, and shutter speed for your specific device before class – but again, it is not a requirement.
- What more do I have to bring? Just a working phone or camera with batteries!
Follow the light! See you soon!
For those who are purchasing this as a gift, select “mail a gift card” upon the completion of your regiestration and a handmade gift card will be mailed to you so that you can surprise mom on mother’s day.
At the end of class, we will take a group photo and moms will recieve a certificate for completing the workshop!
- Ticket type
Modern Moments+Mail Gift Card
This ticket includes a seat in the Modern Moments Photography Workshop as well as a gift card mailed to the address on file.Price$75.99
+$1.90 service fee+$1.90 service feeSale ended
- Ticket type
Modern Moments Ticket
This ticket includes a seat at the Modern Moments Photography Workshop.Price$73.99
+$1.85 service fee+$1.85 service feeSale ended